Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Our Ivory soap Experiment

So I didn't like the idea of grating the Ivory soap for my home-made laundry soap. That's when I remembered a little experiment I did when I was a Brownie Leader. Making Ivory clouds!  

Ok so first get your bar of Ivory soap  and put it on a microwave safe dish.

Put in the microwave for 90 seconds and this is what happens


You get a fluffy white Ivory cloud! It is just like cotton candy.  OK so you might notice in the pic that there is a small bit of the bar left. That's easy to fix. Just take the cloud away and put in another container to cool down. Then put the bar back in the microwave for an additional 30 seconds. 

I then put it all in a plastic tub to cool down. Once it is cool I let my kids play with it to break it down into flakes.  The more they play the more powdery it becomes.  Just make sure they keep it in the container :)   



Here is the finished product. 


Now you are ready to make whatever you want with your flakes. 

Have fun making your own clouds!  





No comments:

Post a Comment