Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Home-made Fabric Softener







Ok so we made our laundry soap so of course the next thing is fabric softener!  


The best part is that it is very easy to make!  All you need is conditioner, vinegar and hot water. 


This will make a gallon of fabric softener. This recipe was adapted from one I found on Discount Queens website. Although there are many sites that have a version of it! 


Things you need:

  • Measuring cup
  • Bucket
  • long wooden spoon
  • empty container to put end product in
  • 3 cups vinegar
  • 2 cups of any brand of conditioner, I have used Suave brands and a cheap brand I bought at the dollar store.
  • 6 cups hot water
Pour the conditioner in the bucket followed by the vinegar then pour the hot water in and stir until mixed well. 
Then pour into your container.  (I actually used two containers I found at the dollar store that were for juice.)
Use it like you would the store bought kinds.  My washer actually has a place I can put it that has the measuring line for it.  Or you can put some on a wash cloth and throw it into the dryer with your load. 

Shown are two different scents of softener that I made. the white one is coconut with a small hint of strawberry ( mixed two conditioners together) and the yellowish one is actually a green apple scent.  I haven't used the white one yet but love the green apple.  The best thing about making your own fabric softener is you get to decide the scent and there are 
a lot of possibilities with all the different kinds of conditioners. 

Another great thing is that you are saving money and it works  good too! Makes the clothes soft and no static cling!

Let me know your results! I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment